Sunday, April 24, 2011

Litchi Tomato and Strawberry Husk Ground Cherry Update!

Well it's only April in my zone 5 and the Litchi and Ground Cherry are rockin' it fa sho'.  They are planted in miracle grow organic potting soil with a quart of perlite and a cup of sand added. The first picture is of the strawberry husk ground cherry, which I have about 10 of them in these size pots and each one of them are now flowering.  
I have more of the litchi tomatoes, which are slower than the ground cherry to begin to flower.  They are the most resistant to aphids, but when they do get them, their leaves get white spots on them and they wilt away, that's not good at all and I'm very concerned about disease.  They are all packing flower buds at the top. I haven't seen the litchi flower yet and this last picture is almost too suspenseful.




No comments:

Post a Comment