Saturday, March 12, 2011

Admitting mistakes: Isopropyl Alcohol and Litchi Tomatos

Well we all make mistakes, and I believe it is a mistake to be ashamed and hide our wrongs.  So I've decided to let all of the evidence be exposed and let others learn.  There is an aphid problem in my young garden and I've tried to use chemicals that won't leach into the plants and soil to poison me.  So I occasionally have used a 3:1 rubbing alcohol to water solution to spray my plants.  After a couple minutes have passed I'll spray off any left over alcohol with plain water.  I used it in my mini-indoor greenhouse and neighboring plants. Well what happened was the greenhouse didn't get enough air circulation and it killed off a lot of the foliage. They survived, but the Litchi Tomato wasn't getting enough light on the shelf it was on and also stretched more than they should. Here's a side by side with a Litchi Tomato from the same batch that was also sprayed, but was outside of the greenhouse.  Be warned, circulate your plants air space after spraying.


No comments:

Post a Comment