Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seperating Passion Flower seedlings

When there are more than one precious seedling growing in one cup often people sacrifice all the others.  I keep getting more passion flowers germinating so I've got to do something about it.

As I've done with many plants, I take my tweezers and cut a hole around the plants of interest. Then I pry them up with the tweezers a little bit all the way around the plant.  I then grasp the plants and pull and pry them up and out. Then I gently wiggle them lose.

 Hover them in their new hole and while supporting the plant shake the pot so that some lose soil drops and suppots the length of the tap roots.  Then backfill the remainder of the hole with soil and water and press plant in place. Now there are 15. The white pots were the originals and all the others are transplants from the white pots, strangely two white pots did not sprout any seeds.

 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment